Post No:#742 Before I post up the recipe and steps here are some notes: Base: -To remove from pan, run a knife around the edges of the cakes and then carefully lift up each cheesecake with the parchment paper. Yummy~ Am giving 4 to Yen and her housemates cause I can't finish them all. Well, technically I can, but I would die from all that fat...0.0" XD I still have some leftover ingredients so I will be making them again for Yang Hao, Joe and PC when they come over to help me pack my stuff! ^^ Thanks guys! -Logged Off-
Second post today & I will be updating about my Cheesecakes! Individual Cheesecakes to be exact. Honestly, I hail whoever came up with this idea (though I did think about it before). Original recipe from Joyofbaking.com:Individual Cheesecakes. Well, I live alone so I think it's bette to make them like this, plus I can experiment with different flavours easily (1 flavour per muffin cup!).
Without further ado, introducing the Individual Cheesecake!
1) All ingredients are to be at room temperature before processing!
2) If using a electric mixer, use the dough hook for beating the cream cheese up to till you add the egg, then switch to the normal hook. Otherwise, if you use the other hook, all the cheese will get stuck in the spaces between the metal pieces if you get what I mean.
3) You do need baking paper and a muffin pan for this recipe.
4) While beating, scrape down the sides of the bowl repeatedly so that your filling will be well and truly mixed.
5) Beat at LOW SPEED!!!
Ingredient List (Makes 6):
-50g Digestive Cookies (about 3 pieces)
-1/2 tbsp Caster Sugar
-2 tbsp unsalted butter (melted)
-250g Cream Cheese (1 pack)
-1/3 cup Caster Sugar (65g)
-1 tsp Vanilla Extract
-1/4 cup Sour Cream
Okay, here are the steps:-
1) Pre-heat oven to 150 degrees Celcius.
2) If you have a blender, break the digestive cookies, throw them into the blender and pulse till finely crushed. If not, then crush the cookies by hand... >.<"
3) Combine with butter and sugar to form a crumbly mixture.
4) Cut wide strips of baking paper and line the muffin pan so that they form "handles".
5) Press in the cookie mixture to form base. Pack it tight alright? Otherwise it would crumble and break off when you remove the cakes.
6) Chill the pan in the fridge while you make the filling. ^^
7) Beat the cream cheese with a dough hook on the electric mixer (or you can use your arm and a spatula) till smooth without lumps. Remember to remove the bits from the hook while beating too.
8) Add in sugar and continue beating till combined.
9) Add an egg, and beat for about 30 secs till combined.
10) Switch to the normal hook if you want, add in sour cream and vanilla extract.
11) Beat till combined and smooth. Make sure there are no lumps!!
-Remove muffin pan from the fridge and pour/spoon/ladle the filling into each 'cup'.
-Knock the pan a few times or shake it abit so that the top is smooth when you put it into the oven for baking.
-Bake for 18-20 minutes, till it has set (will puff up a little) and is still a little wobbly in the center.
-Remove from oven and let it cool. Then chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours before eating!
-Discard the paper, serve and enjoy!
Before I post up the recipe and steps here are some notes:
-To remove from pan, run a knife around the edges of the cakes and then carefully lift up each cheesecake with the parchment paper.
Yummy~ Am giving 4 to Yen and her housemates cause I can't finish them all. Well, technically I can, but I would die from all that fat...0.0" XD
I still have some leftover ingredients so I will be making them again for Yang Hao, Joe and PC when they come over to help me pack my stuff! ^^ Thanks guys!
Artist: Tracy Chapman
Song: Fast Car
Meals + Snacks:
;Da Pau (Meat Buns)
;Honey & Tumeric Wings
;Shrimp & Chive Dumplings
;Steamed Prawns with Garlic Oil
;Tamagoyaki (Jap Omelette)
Sweets & Cakes:
;Chocolate Fudge Cookies
Talk To Me
;Ah Bing's Blog
;Kenny Sia's Blog
My Other Stuff
Custom Image by: Ho Yan Hao, Singapore
Coding: With help from w3schools.com