Post No:#737 Labels: Randoms
Just got off the phone with dumb Joe! I almost hung up on him cause I thought it was my alarm ringing then I noticed, "Wait...That's not my alarm ringtone, that's the ringtone for Joe...". BEFORE all of you go like "OOH! JOE GOT SPECIAL RINGTONE!" I have to say, so does my Mum, Yang Hao, Hans, Halif, Talisa and a few others. Either those I call frequently or call me frequently, or I just happen to have a song that reminds me of them.
But then again, I should start setting Joe's ringtone as my alarm clock cause everytime he calls, the first thing he will say is "Mai Goh Kun Ah-Lah!" which is hokkien for "Stop Sleeping!!!" Bloody idiot. Talked to him for damn long, and now I can't sleep anymore cause he made me laugh so much I am fully awake. =.=" Then after he said stop sleeping, he said "eh, got hot chick!". Wtheck can...Damn 好色! 金牛座 = 最好色...
Somehow I am always sleeping when he calls and always eating when Hans call cause Hans will always say "Ah...Eat eat eat! Eat only! EAT somemore!" somewhere in the conversation.
So next time Joe calls, it's time to wake up, and when Hans calls, its time to eat right?!
=.="...Yes, another random post. Oh, and Joe agreed to be my guinea pig next year, LOL, he said "You know how shiok it is not to have to cook myself!?!" XD...
Jess pities Joe cause I always call him a idiot or something along that line, or annoying or pervert, and I gotta agree, just look at the times I scolded that bloody kuku in this short post!
Post No:#736 Haven't slept since last night and I thought, why not make some decent breakfast? I haven't had a decent breakfast for sometime now...At least for a week, after the swot vacation started, cause I normally get my breakfast in school. Baked some blueberry muffins for breakfast, and also as a break from all that studying! Love muffins for breakfast, especially love the smell of baking in the morning too!! It's a good smell to wake up to! So I will be baking quite alot next year I guess, if I get into vet science and move into Toowong that is. XD...Joe will become my guinea pig! Muahahahaha... -Logged Off-
For those that have never been to my place and wonders how it looks like. Here you go! That's the living room with the dining area behind and the door on the right leads to the garage, stairs to the bedrooms and bathroom, and on the right of the dining area where there is a counter is a kitchen! The door behind is the back door.
Ah ha! Did you spy my breakfast in the first photo? Yes, it was a muffin!!
I cheated. XD, I didn't make them from scratch cause I had a box of Betty Crocker's Blueberry muffins sitting in my baking cupboard (yes, a whole cupboard area with all my baking stuff in it). Well, they taste good, so I ain't complaining. No, I did not cook them with a microwave, I just kept them there after baking.
Haven't baked for sometime now, not much this year or last year either cause I didn't want to use my homestay's oven last year (they don't clean it!!!?), and I am living alone this year so if I make like brownies or bread etc. I can't finish them.
Haven't slept since last night and I thought, why not make some decent breakfast? I haven't had a decent breakfast for sometime now...At least for a week, after the swot vacation started, cause I normally get my breakfast in school.
Baked some blueberry muffins for breakfast, and also as a break from all that studying! Love muffins for breakfast, especially love the smell of baking in the morning too!! It's a good smell to wake up to!
So I will be baking quite alot next year I guess, if I get into vet science and move into Toowong that is. XD...Joe will become my guinea pig! Muahahahaha...
Post No:#735 Labels: Everyday's Post
Finally got down to studying! And I just noticed yesterday that I mixed up my exam dates! =.="...How annoying and stupid is that! That was a rhetorical question, you do not need to answer it.
Yen came over yesterday for dinner and I welcomed the company. What!? After cooking and living alone for almost a year, of course I would welcome the company. Made some Mapo Tofu, Oyster sauce veggie and Corn + Carrots + Ribs soup, then proceeded to revise for Biology. Managed to get through quite alot of material...^^ Thanks Yen!
Nothing much to update. Back to Bio!
"Being emo once in a while is healthy, approved by doctor one!" (Chiang, 2008) =.="
Conversation with Hans:
Me: "I wanna go Taiwan holiday again! 卤肉饭~"
Hans: "eat onli"
Me: "卤肉饭 nice mah! Sg cannot find nice one!"
Hans: "I find it disgusting..Fattening, eew"
Me: "Aiya, I already fat, so its okay"
Hans: "no lah, you not fat. You BIG only"
Me: "Fat/big/humongous, all same lah, let you say until now, no more reaction liao"
Hans: "Ya, must thank me man"
Me: "lol, ya, thanks ar. XD"
Labels: Everyday's Post
Post No:#734 Labels: Randoms
Exams are only 6 days away!!
It's supposed to be time to press the panic button!!
BUT, instead of doing this:
I am still slacking a little, and will probably end up like THIS:
I. HATE. ROACHES!!!
Bloody hairy brown flat things that freak people out cause they look so fugly.
This freaking cockroach decided to die an epic death by commiting suicide in my box of cornflour. Don't even remind me the number to food items I use cornflour in..Just...BLEARGH!
Was happily pouring out some cornflour to coat my chicken thigh in cause I was gonna make fried crispy chicken. I must say I was lucky I decided to pour it into another bowl instead of ontop of my chicken like I usually do, then this stiff thing just went *plop* onto the pile of cornflour. I thought it was some hardened piece so I picked it up, and THEN I noticed what it was. Flung it all the way along the kitchen counter (1m) in shock and shouted "WTF" at the same time.
Ended up having to fry my chicken with sweet potato flour...=.=". But that's not the point.
Post No:#732 Labels: about me
Take a break, take a "WAH LAO, NO MORE KIT KAT!" *glomps*
Oh well...Meme time then! This time from Miss Tham's blog
1. What time did you get up this morning? 11.45am, then back to sleep
2. Diamonds or pearls? Diamonds.
3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? At the cinema...That would be Wall-E
4. What is your favorite TV show? Mythbusters! Blowing up things FTW!
5. What do you usually have for breakfast? Muffin or Sandwich
6. What is your middle name? Ying Xuan I guess?
7. What food do you dislike? Brinjal, Lady's fingers, Bittergourd, Celery, Tomatoes
8. What is your favorite CD at the moment? I haven't heard it, but I can't wait to get my hands on Lin Jun Jie's and Jay Chou's new albums...
9. What kind of car do you drive? Daytona USA..Nah, kidding, I don't drive. Yet.
10. Favorite sandwich? Homemade tuna spread (mayo, canned tuna, onions) on toasted wholemeal bread with cheese!
11. What characteristic do you despise? Errm...Betrayal?
12: Favorite item of clothing. Gotta be Jeans!
13. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, you´d go to? Milan! Hmm, wait...EUROPE!
14. Are you an organized person? I guess, till exams and assignments strikes.
15: Where would you retire to? In bed with a crime fiction book to read.
16: What was your most recent memorable birthday? Last years!! DUH!
17. What are you going to do when you finish this? Shower
18. Furthest place you are sending this? 0.o...I dunno
19. Person you expect to send it back first? I dunno, Irene?
20. When is your birthday? 25th Nov
21. What is your shoe size? Aus 8, UK 7.5, European 42? Ya lah, big foot. TALL MAH!
22. Who was the few people you spoke to on the phone? Momoko, Dad, Joe, Mum, Grandma
23. How many Pets? 3 dogs; Chance and Baby the Golden Retreivers and Bobby the Mini Schnauzer.
24. Any new and exciting news? Singapore's the first asian country to go into recession! Wait..Is that new?
25. What did you want to be when you were little? Teacher, then Veterinarian from Primary 3 onwards...
26. How are you today? Tired.
27: Favorite flower? Haven't had enough experience with flowers to have one yet...
28. What are you listening to right now? 發現愛 by Lin Jun Jie
29. What is a day on the calendar you are looking forward to? 13th November, te day my EXAMS END!!!
30. What was the last thing you ate? Homemade Gyozas (Pot-stickers or Pan Fried dumplings whatever you call them) & Hainan Chicken Rice
31. Do you wish on stars? Used to...
32. If you were a crayon, what colour would you be? Purple!
35. Favorite soft drink: If's its soft drink, that would be Root Beer
36. Favorite restaurant? Quite a few, The Cliff @ Beaufort Sentosa is one, Azuma Japanese Resturant, Jiang-Nan Chun @ Four Seasons Hotel, Rong Guang BBQ Seafood, Seletar Hill Restaurant, Jerry BBQ and Grill, Tambuah Mas @ Paragon
37. Hair color? Black, dyed brown...
38. What was your favorite toy as a child? Plushies! Esp the Lion King one...
39. Summer or Winter? Winter
41. Chocolate or Vanilla? Vanilla.
42. Coffee or tea ? Tea!
43. Do you want your friends answer? Eh...Doesn't really matter.
44. When was the last time you cried? Don't remember! 0.o"
45. What is under your bed? Nothing...Dust and hair maybe?
46. What did you do last night? Study, chat with Jessica, Facebook-ed, watched Anime.
47. What are you afraid of? People knocking on my front door after it gets dark. Freaks me out, seriously, cause I don't know alot of people here...
48. Salty or sweet? I like both, but if I had to choose, I rather have something too sweet then something too salty.
49. How many keys on your key ring? 7, including 1 that's broken...
50. How many years at your current job? If studying is a job, then...let's see, 15 years?
51. Favorite day of the week? Fridays!
52. Do you make friends easily? I would guess yes...
53. Do you like finding out all this stuff about your friends? Yea. Interesting mah!
Labels: about me
WOOLLY MAMMOTH IS FINALLY OVER AND DONE WITH!!!!!
After writing a total of 4,824 words, drawing 10 diagrams of the respiratory tract, digestive tract, brain, reproductive tract, placenta & the growing embryo AND a drawing of my animal (which I will quote Yan Hao: "Looks like Primary school drawing! It's the coloring that did it. XD"), and scanning about 5 pages from my textbook to get diagrams on the integument (skin, hair, paw pads, claws etc.), IT'S DONE! Here are a few drawings for the assignment, I labelled them in Photoshop:
Conversation with Qiu Rong:
Q.R: I only write 2000+ words, why you write so much!?!?
Me: No lah, my actual word count is 4197 words.
Q.R: Still alot!!! You copy the whole textbook ar?
Me: LOL...No lah, she say describe mah, so I describe in detail loh!
Q.R: Hahas, make me kan chiong lah you!
Me: XD, I think Val powell read my essay liao will become "pak jiao" (translate: Crosseyed)
Q.R: LOL!! Hahhas, I go write somemore, let her pak jiao also.
Me: XD XD, Ya, we all make her pak jiao, Joshua one also 3000+++ words!
Me: Later next time we see her, her eyes is not 0.0 or >.<, but <.>
Q.R: lol!!! Hahahas
and so on...
The reason why we all have different amount of words, is that she didn't specify a word limit, she only said to describe, to draw or use diagrams and etc. Then her marking rubric was like "for 10 pts: Writer shows their understanding of the function and structure" or something like that, so I was like, the more detailed the BETTER! My whole word document was like 2.94MB, 20 pages including cover page, contents page and 1 page of references, bloody hell. Then when I submitted it, the file took so long to upload I thought Turnitin hung! >.>
Now, it's time to start serious revision for the exam!! Therefore da blog will not be updated till at least 4th of November. Check back then! Or you can check back anytime since I never seem to actually mean it when I say my blog is in hiatus.
Made In China Note: I personally love Taiwan! but this is too funny not to put up...And it's really made in China. -Logged Off-
A few funny videos on FAIL-Blog. Hope you enjoy it as a break from work!
THIS HAS GOTTA HURT...Owww...
According to Engrishfunny.com...
宫保鸡丁= The Temple Explodes the Chicken Cube
Made In China
Note: I personally love Taiwan! but this is too funny not to put up...And it's really made in China.
Post No:#729 That pretty much sums up Seoul. Will be putting up photos from beautiful Jeju later! -Logged Off-
Been looking around for something to blog about...And I seem to have totally forgotten to upload photos from my Korea trip in 2006! Yes, that was a damn long time ago, I know! BUT, as cliche as it might sound, better late then never, and you guys can also compare the me then and now and whatever!
Gonna be a simple photolog.
Itinery included the Nundaemun market, South Korea National Museum Gardens, Korean Folk Village, Seoul Tower, Some Palace which I have forgotten the name of and a few other places:
That pretty much sums up Seoul. Will be putting up photos from beautiful Jeju later!
Short post before heading to sleep. There's seriously nothing much to update...
What I have done all this time:
1) Read 2 books by Tess Gerritsen; Body Double and The Mephisto Club, both within 24 hours, so you know how good they are. XD, Gerritsen is slowly becoming one of my favourite authors! Love the details that she goes into while describing how the victim's body is undergoing autopsy, which helps my rather vivid imagination that pops up whenever I am reading so I feel like I am in the room with them. Loves how she has a few so-called red herrings in the story to keep you guessing who the murderer is, and how she writes about the insights of the murderer and/or victim as well.
2) Started on my Woolly Mammoth, well technically I started a little before my previous post but then proceeded to procrastinate till today. Finished up 40% of the whole assignment today, which is like 1400 words describing my animal's digestive system and how protein, carbohydrates and fats are digested in the digestive tract, and comparing my animals' mammalian respiratory system to that of an avian's respiratory system (advantages and disadvantages). Now I know why Josh took almost 4.5 days to finish his...0.o"
3) Realised that I am screwed for Chemistry, and that I have too little time to study!! =.="
4) Exam papers on the 3rd, 4th and 13th. Chemistry, Biology and Plant Utilisation respectively...I wished I had more time for chem and bio though.
5) Received my Animal Practical session booklet with a result of 6 GPA. Not happy...
6) Been watching a few dramas online; 樱野3加1 and 咏春 on hd.tudou.com. I know, I shouldn't be watching them, and I have already put them on hold till after exams. Well, at least till after Biology exam.
7) Listened to Josh rant about Plant Utilisation as we have a practical test which consists of 15 MCQ to be completed in 1 hour, and it's open book. Why is he ranting? Cause even though it's open book, we don't really have a "book" to open since it's a test on the practical sessions we had, and no one has taken down notes or actually pay attention during the tours and such. -.-"...And the tutors didn't emphasize on how important the information was, plus what they said didn't seem relevant. etc...
8) Showered without realising I just threw all my towels into the washing machine. Having to dry myself with a polo-tee is not comfortable at all. -.-"
9) Finished up most quizzes for ANIM1003 (Animal structure and function) and is left just 2 more to go before Friday.
10) Finished cooking all 2 tubs of tofu, one tub fried with some sauce drizzled over, and the other tub steamed with mince meat on top. ^.^...Love tofu! Now I am out of rice. >.>
11) Bought a blender to make curry with...
Should I drone on? I guess not.
Thanks Hao! For wadever!
A quiz...Just for the heck of it... From: Quiz Box
Your view on yourself:
You are down-to-earth and people like you because you are so straightforward. You are an efficient problem solver because you will listen to both sides of an argument before making a decision that usually appeals to both parties.
The type of girlfriend/boyfriend you are looking for:
You like serious, smart and determined people. You don't judge a book by its cover, so good-looking people aren't necessarily your style. This makes you an attractive person in many people's eyes.
Your readiness to commit to a relationship:
You prefer to get to know a person very well before deciding whether you will commit to the relationship.
The seriousness of your love:
You are very serious about relationships and aren't interested in wasting time with people you don't really like. If you meet the right person, you will fall deeply and beautifully in love.
Your views on education
Education is very important in life. You want to study hard and learn as much as you can.
The right job for you:
You have many goals and want to achieve as much as you can. The jobs you enjoy are those that let you burn off your considerable excess energy.
How do you view success:
You are afraid of failure and scared to have a go at the career you would like to have in case you don't succeed. Don't give up when you haven't yet even started! Be courageous.
What are you most afraid of:
You are afraid of having no one to rely on in times of trouble. You don't ever want to be unable to take care of yourself. Independence is important to you.
Who is your true self:
You are full of energy and confidence. You are unpredictable, with moods changing as quickly as an ocean. You might occasionally be calm and still, but never for long.
Found on Kai's blog.
I am literally sleeping in a pile of assignments. So excuse me for the lack in updates since there's nothing much to update ANYWAYS.
Well...These few days have been hectic.
1) Been sleeping and waking up at irrational hours like 5pm to 4am and 1pm to 12am. =.="...My sleep cycle is so screwed and I am feeling so sleepy now.
2) Finally finished the assignments for Plant Utilisation, all I need now is to give the presentation. Did all the paperwork for my group, the presentation slides, essays, indexing of the plants collected for the plant collection project blah blah, while the others did most of the legwork collecting the plants.
3) Started on the Woolly Mammoth assignment Part 2. It pretty much sucks, anyone wants to help?
4) Found out that it would cost me $99 per hr to get a moving company to move my stuff from Gatton to Toowong in November and I should let them know at least a week before I want to move. Fudge...Results will only be released on the 27th, so I can only move on 4th December?
5) Found some time to read a book. Body Double by Tess Gerritsen. She's a genius in crime fiction that's all I gotta say. 0.o"...Love her books. Borrowed the book yesterday, finished most of it today while I had this 5 hour break, and finished reading it after my classes.
6) Some retard dumped compost into my rubbish wheelie bin so it's like half full of compost now. And this person hasn't emptied it, so what am I supposed to use for a bin huh!?!??! Asshole...Been using neighbours' bin to dump my stuff, which hasn't been alot this week cause I haven't been cooking alot.
waiting to see you by =MalvaAlcea on deviantART
XD...Just waiting to dump my clothes into the dryer before I visit la-la land.
Whee! Sorry for the lack in updates. There's nothing much to update about anyway.
Hmm...Good luck to the peeps that are having their micro/macro/something-economics thingy test on Tuesday!!
Been lazy to prepare food, so I have been dumping everything into a pot and just letting it cook. XD
First it was claypot chicken rice, but I don't have a claypot so I used a rice cooker instead just like my mum did, then I made cabbage rice the next day also using the rice cooker (cabbage, ikan bilis, rice, slices of pork rashers, garlic, soy sauce etc.) and today it's Braised Beancurd with Shitake Mushrooms, which is supposed to be cooked in a claypot, but like I said, I don't have one so I used a normal pot instead. XD...Turned out pretty good.
ANYWAYS...The beancurd recipe was from http://www.rasamalaysia.com/ and here's a link to the recipe!! Gotta say that, that person is a pretty awesome cook. Just look at all the pics and recipes on the site! Take a look!
*Need to buy claypot next year*
School starts tomorrow!!!! Am not ready, and am pretty lazy. This term is gonna be freakishly rushed, and I am so nooooot looking forward to it. First, the woolly mammoth thingy is due in 12 days, and Josh has already finished it (no surprise there!) with 3000+ words and 13 drawings.
Then in 8 days, I have a TEST for AGRC1014 which is Plant Untilisation which I pretty much haven't studied for PLUS the fact that it's boring and puts me to sleep.
Then after that it's EXAMS on the 3rd, 4th and 13th of November for me! Plant and Animal Biology on the 3rd, CHEMISTRY on the 4th and Plant Utilisation on the 13th. SO dead for Chem!
I am back in GATTON! After a very comfy 7 hours flight on Singapore Airlines followed by a not so ideal ride on the railbus for 2.5 hours.
I was lucky! I got the whole center row (all 3 seats) to myself! Stretched out while watching Get Smart and Hancock and later fell asleep for 20mins. Super comfy, one of the better flights I've been on cause I could actually half sit/lie down cause I have space to stretch without leaving the row. Helps that service crew this time was really really good and that the food was awesome!
Oh and the flight was pretty full. XD...
Didn't really sleep much on the flight, was reading a book or watching movies most of the time. Gotta love KrisWorld! Anyways, due to the lack of sleep, after dropping off Hao's stuff at his place, when I was taking the railbus back to Gatton, I kept falling asleep on the train! A grandma had to wake me up when we arrived at Rosewood station. XD.
Was gonna fall asleep on the bus too, but I met this Taiwan girl, Cherry, who is going to be here for a year half travelling and half working. She's nice and we talked for quite a bit, she's from Tai-nan and just graduated from a university with her degree in IT but felt that it wasn't really for her so she's here on a long break.
Anyways. Got home, fell asleep half an hour later (3pm) and woke up at 10pm. Hmmmm...Had the KOKA Laksa Cup Noodles cause I have no rice left at home, and damn...YANG HAO WAS RIGHT! IT'S SUPER NICE LOH!!!! XD
Alright, a last update about SG stuff. Bought some cakes from Bengawan Solo (National University Hospital outlet) to try them, used to love their Mango and Pandan cakes when I was little. The cakes were a little dissapointing, I had the Pandan and Fruit cakes and they turned out a little dry. 0.o"
Went to Shangri-la hotel on Sunday noon for Dim Sum lunch at Shang Palace. Hmmm...Don't know what to make of the food there.
The Xiao Long Baos were soupless (at least mine was, and so was my mum's) and had a kinda thick skin (too thick) so I am pretty sure I didn't tear the dumpling to let the soup out.
The Crystal Dumplings were good though.
Pan Fried Carrot Cakes. Hmmm...The ones they used to serve Lei Garden fare much better IMO. They are crispier and more substantial. But these ones are not too bad, something I would eat again.
Deep Fried Tofu with Pork Floss. Ordered this cause I was craving for the crispy tofu that I had at Lan Zhou La Mian in Chinatown. Gotta say, the one at Lan Zhou La Mian fares better with my palate. The fried tofu here wasn't really crisp, but you might like it.
Egg Tarts with Flaky Pastry, one of my must order items when visiting having dim sum. This one was rather dissapointing, the base was a little too dense, the custard didn't have a nice eggy taste and also wasn't sweet enough.
Drunken Chicken, parents liked it, I didn't. The alcohol taste was really strong and when I cut up the chicken, the meat inside wasn't infused with flavour.
Papaya Fritters. Parents liked it, I didn't try it cause I have this thing about papayas. I don't like them...0.o".
Yam Fritters with Mushroom and Meat Stuffing. After the fried yam balls/fritters I had in Yi-lan, Taipei, I never looked at HK style stuffed yam fritters the same way again...The ones in Taiwan are...way too DELICIOUS-DESU! ANYWAYS, for these yam fritters, they were pretty good, except the chef might want more yam in a yam fritter.
Glutinous Rice wrapped in Lotus Leaf. This dish has glutinous rice, salted egg yolk, diced chicken and diced mushrooms in it, the whole thing is then wrapped in a lotus leaf and then steamed. The glutinous rice was well-infused with the lotus leaf flavor, and the dish was quite commendable overall.
Had some congee as well. They are actually quite delicious, and I liked them the most out of all the other dishes ordered.
Overall, the dishes were rather forgettable. Prolly wouldn't dine there if I was getting Dim Sum again cause for the price, it just ain't worth it. >.>
Cakes on display...
Alrights, ending off with...A photo of me parents!
Artist: Tracy Chapman
Song: Fast Car
Meals + Snacks:
;Da Pau (Meat Buns)
;Honey & Tumeric Wings
;Shrimp & Chive Dumplings
;Steamed Prawns with Garlic Oil
;Tamagoyaki (Jap Omelette)
Sweets & Cakes:
;Chocolate Fudge Cookies
Talk To Me
;Ah Bing's Blog
;Kenny Sia's Blog
My Other Stuff
Custom Image by: Ho Yan Hao, Singapore
Coding: With help from w3schools.com